Where can I get information on the programmes available at GCU London?

GCU London offers a range of postgraduate courses in the areas of Banking, Finance, Risk, Fashion, Luxury, Construction, Project Management, Business, Management, Marketing, Public Health and MBA.

All the programmes based at GCU London can be found within our website.

When do the courses start?

All programmes at GCU London have two intakes a year. Programmes can be started in both September and January.

Check our calendar for current dates.

How many hours per week will I study?

There are around 20 contact hours (lectures/tutorials etc.) per week, however full-time students are expected to study substantially more than 20 hours, working on assignments, course work etc.

Are all of the courses available at GCU London also available in Glasgow?

Most courses offered at GCU London are also available in Glasgow. The fashion courses are only offered in London.

Is there any difference between those courses offered on both campuses?

No, the programmes follow the same curriculum, offering the same quality and standard of programmes that we do at GCU Glasgow.

Who will be teaching me?

See our staff profiles within our website.

Applying & Entry Requirements

How do I apply for a programme at GCU London?

You can apply for a course using our  online application form, You will need to select the month you’d like to begin studying and the course you’d like to study.

Alternatively, you can complete the application form and submit it by post or email to admissions@gculondon.ac.uk.

We have a network of representatives in many countries who can provide help and advice on your application. To find your nearest representative, please contact us at enquiries@gculondon.ac.uk.

Is there a deadline for applications?

For students based outside the UK we recommend applications are submitted before the end of June if you are applying for the September intake. Students who wish to join in our January intake should have applied by end of November. You can apply after these dates however students must ensure that they have left enough time to complete their visa application process.

Can I apply to both campuses?


What are the entry requirements?

Our website details entry requirements for each course. You can check the qualifications required for your country on our Entry requirements page.

Our Admission team can advise you on how your qualifications compare to UK levels. You can also contact our network of representatives, based in many countries, who can provide help and advice on entry qualifications from your country. To find your nearest office, please contact us at enquiries@gculondon.ac.uk.

Are there any English requirements?

Yes. If English is a second language, you will be required to demonstrate your English proficiency by gaining an English language qualification prior to the commencement of your course. For a list of minimum IELTS requirements and accepted English language tests, see our English Language requirements page.

I already have an offer for GCU Glasgow, can I change my offer to GCU London?

Generally this is possible but students will need to contact our admissions team to check availability by emailing admissions@gculondon.ac.uk.

Do I need a visa?

If you are a non-EU student then it is likely you will need a visa to study in the UK. You can check if you need a visa with UK Visas & Immigration Checker. Alternatively contact International Student Support at advice@gculondon.ac.uk for further advice and support.

How do I apply for a visa?

To apply for a visa to come to the UK, you need to complete an application form, attend an appointment at a Visa Processing Centre and submit some supporting documents. For more information please see our visa pages including how to apply in your home country. For further information and advice please contact International Student Support on visa@gculondon.ac.uk.

Can I get help and guidance with my visa application?

Yes. An immigration expert is available at GCU London to help you with any queries that you may have. Contact us on advice@gculondon.ac.uk, we’ll be happy to help. In addition, UKCISA have a very useful information sheet for making a student immigration application in your home country.


How much are the tuition fees?

See current information about the tuition fees for our programmes. 

When are my fees due?

You must pay a minimum deposit of £3,500 when you make a firm acceptance of your unconditional Offer.

We recommend you pay the balance of your fees in full prior to the start of your course. If you pay your £3500 deposit before 1st August and the remainder of your fees in full before the start of your course you will be entitled to a further 5% discount on your tuition fees.

Once your £3500 deposit is paid you can also elect to pay the remaining balance in two equal instalments by 31 October and 31 January. If you commence study in January, your balance is due by 28 February and 31 October.

How do I pay?

Payments can be made online by Credit and Debit Card. All payments will be securely processed by WorldPay Ltd. WorldPay will accept all major credit and debit cards.

Payments can also be made by Bank Transfer or Sterling Bank Draft. Please see our Credit Control & Debt Management Policy for full payment details.

Please note we are unable to accept Cash Payments, for security reasons we strongly advise against carrying large sums of cash, where possible payment should be made online or by Bank Transfer.

What is the cost of living?

UK Visas & Immigration requires that you have £1265 per month to cover living expenses in London.

I am an international student, can I work while studying at GCU London?

Most international students are eligible for part-time work while studying in the UK. Your visa will confirm your eligibility to work. For more information or clarification please contact International Student Support on advice@gculondon.ac.uk.

Students who are not eligible for work will have this exclusion clearly stated on their current visa, for example, ‘Work Prohibited’, ‘No Work’ or something similar.

The Immigration Authorities however will not recognise prospective earnings as proof that you will be able to support your studies. Therefore you must prove that you can afford to live for the period of your residence without any earnings or income gained from employment.

If you are eligible and would like to work during your studies you will need to apply for a National Insurance Number (NI Number). Please visit Direct Gov for more information on applying for a National Insurance Number.

It is important to balance your studies with working part-time. If you work over the hours of permitted work there can be serious consequences. This would be a breach of your current student visa immigration conditions. To find out more information about the laws regarding international students (and also spouses of students) working in the UK, please email to advice@gculondon.ac.uk, they will be able to answer any further questions you may have.

Placements & Internships

Will there be a placement on my course?

You will be invited to use the concepts of personal and professional competence development and relate this to what you are experiencing outside the classroom. This will ensure you are prepared for both your personal and professional life. The following courses include an external engagement activity, which could take the form of an internship, as part of the compulsory modules:

  • MSc Fashion Business Creation
  • MSc Global Marketing
  • MSc International Management and Business Development
  • MSc Luxury Brand Marketing
What sort of placements have students done before?

See our GCU London’s blog site on the sort of placements our students have done before.

What industry links does GCU London have?

See information about our industry links within our website.